What is Virtual Physiotherapy?
Virtual physiotherapy, or tele-rehabilitation, is conducted online using video calls through a secure video conferencing platform.
Virtual physiotherapy makes care more accessible from anywhere in Ontario and reduces your travel time while upholds the same safety, effectiveness, and ethical standards of care as in-person visits.
What Conditions can be Treated with Virtual Physiotherapy?
Any conditions that could normally be treated in clinic can be treated virtually. Ranging from musculoskeletal injuries to postpartum care, treatment through tele-rehabilitation is as effective and delivers excellent results.
Hip & Knee Pain
Persistent Pelvic Pain
What to Expect
During your remote physiotherapy session, our expert physiotherapist will:
- Have a thorough conversation about your health history to understand your current concerns.
- Perform a detailed assessment of your body alignment, functional movement, range of motion and strength to accurately diagnose the root cause of your pain or concern.
- Explain what the cause of your pain or concern is, and how to manage it effectively.
- Work with you to establish your treatment goals and develop a realistic plan to help you achieve them.
- Adapt your home exercise program specifically to your home environment in real-time.
- Correct your exercise form with cues that work for you.
- Provide modification to your current exercise routine if that is causing you issues.
- Perform an ergonomic assessment and provide real-time feedback.
Restore your strength with us.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Before your appointment, complete and sign the telehealth consent form emailed to you at the time of booking.
- Tele-rehab sessions will be delivered through Janeapp. The online platform offered by Jaenapp is a private and secure portal that is PIPEDA and PHIPA compliant, which means it meets the health privacy standards in Canada and Ontario.
- On the day before your session, you will receive an email with a personalized, secure link to your virtual physiotherapy session.
Yes, definitely! Physiotherapy is more than manual therapy or hands-on treatment. Physiotherapists are movement experts and underwent endless hours of clinical training to effectively diagnose and treat muscular impairments. There is growing research supporting virtual care as an effective treatment option with great patient satisfaction.
- You will need access to a device that is connected to the Internet with camera and audio capabilities such as a computer, tablet, or smart-phone.
- You will want to be in a quiet environment free from distraction and interruption. Select a well-lit room with plenty room to move so your therapist can clearly see you and your actions.
- You will be asked to demonstrate exercises and movements so workout attire or comfortable clothing is recommended.
- Have your fitness equipment close by such as resistance bands, small weights, and release balls (tune-up, tennis, lacrosse). Blankets and pillows are also needed for pelvic physiotherapy session.
Yes! Most Ontario extended health benefit plans, which already cover in-person physiotherapy services, will cover telehealth physiotherapy. While most insurance policies accept virtual physiotherapy services, insurance policies are always changing and, if you’re unsure, we recommend that you contact your insurance company to confirm your coverage.
Still have questions? We’re happy to connect with you!
Book a Virtual Appointment
Our evidence-based and client-centred approach to physiotherapy will help you bounce back from your injury. You deserve the expert care and experience that you need to recover and feel better.
Optimize your movement and feel stronger today.
Physiotherapy News & Help
Discover helpful tips and article for living healthy