Let's level up your fitness routine!
If you don’t have any pelvic floor issues, can you start running?
The level of stress that your pelvic floor and abdominal muscles experience during a high-impact exercise is way more than when you stand or carry your baby. It’s great that you’re not feeling any pelvic floor pain issues, but, that doesn’t mean that your pelvic floor is ready to support you as you restart your 5k run.
A proper check-in of your pelvic floor can save you many troubles in the future, including possible gynecological surgeries.
If you enjoy high-impact sports and activities like basketball, running, or Crossfit and you’re living with:
- Lower back and/or hip pain
- Pelvic pain
- Heaviness or pressure at or near your vagina or perineal area during or after physical activity
- Bladder leakage with jumping, running, and sneezing (peeing a little)
- Abdominal bulging with core exercises
Pelvic floor physiotherapy with InvigoPhysio can help.
Meet Trang Bùi, MScPT
Specializing in pelvic floor physiotherapy, and equipped as a certified Pilates and yoga instructor, Trang is here to support you at every stage of your journey to recovery.
What are the types of treatments that I can receive?
Your customized postpartum ready-for-impact physiotherapy program can include:
- Specific pelvic floor and core exercises to optimize your core support during high-impact activities
- Pilates-based core and glutes exercise for better pelvic stability, which is key for runners
- Running gait analysis to improve performance and prevent injuries
- Manual therapy and acupuncture to release tension and stimulate muscles activation for optimal range of movement
Our Innovative Hybrid Model
Our treatment combination of in-person and virtual sessions offers you the best experience of care with excellent results.
Virtual physiotherapy is as effective as in-person physiotherapy and can save you travel time. The virtual session is conducted through a secure platform to protect your privacy. As always, all of our treatments are 100% customized to meet your body’s unique needs, your personal health goals, and lifestyle.
You will have access to the same high level of care from the comfort of your home!
Phone: (437) 913-9208
Address: 2333 Dundas St W Suite 505, Toronto, ON M6R 3A6